ONE YEAR DIPLOMA IN SCREEN ACTING
“Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances.” – Sanford Meisner
The one-year Screen Acting diploma at LVPA focuses on acting for the screen in front of the camera. In addition to coursework in acting techniques, students learn film language and film history to enhance their understanding of acting for the screen. Students work on actual film projects with student directors and crews.
Course credits indicated in parentheses. All courses, exercises and projects are subject to revisions based on ongoing curriculum and program review.
- The Online Entrance Examination for 2021 PG Diploma Courses:
- All applicants will be required to undergo the online examination which will be followed by a personal interview on campus. The dates for the online examination and interview will be communicated in advance to all candidates. Screen Acting students will undergo only Interview and on selection he/she will pay the course fee.
- Graduates in any discipline may apply (including those awaiting their final year results) for the PG Diploma in Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design & Production. For Diploma in Screen Acting and Digital Filmmaking, students who have completed Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Junior College may apply. International students may apply complying with the relevant/ equivalent requirements mentioned above. Where applicable, candidates must complete all arrears before joining LVPA.
- Once selected, the student has to pay 1st Semester course fee within 21 days of receiving the admission letter to confirm his/her admission. 1st Semester Fee will be communicated to the student in the admission letter.
- Payment has to be done through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘L.V.Prasad Film & TV Academy’, payable at Chennai or through Bank Transfer. Cash payment will not be accepted.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Pass in Plus two school examination or equivalent
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for success in the selected program or course.
Don’t lose your innocence, your naiveté and always watch and make films with passion. I envy you for this opportunity you have, to learn and earn a certificate in 2 years, while it took me 20 long years to achieve it on my own.
I am impressed that L V Prasad Film & TV Academy has successfully completed 7 years. I am sure this batch of filmmakers will make films with sensitivity which is the need of the hour in Indian Cinema.