TWO YEAR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN CINEMATOGRAPHY (CHENNAI CAMPUS)
The overall look and mood of a film’s visual narrative is supported by the cinematographer. Each visual element that appears on screen, can serve and enhance the story—so it is the cinematographer’s responsibility to ensure that every visual element is cohesive and supports the narrative. In this program, students learn the theoretical and practical skills necessary for visual storytelling in films, television shows, or web series. Students work on multiple projects. LVPA is committed to giving aspiring cinematographers the professional skills they need in order to work in the industry.
Course credits indicated in parentheses. All courses, exercises and projects are subject to revisions based on ongoing curriculum and program review.
- All applicants will be required to undergo the online examination which will be followed by a personal interview. The dates for the online examination and interview will be communicated in advance to all candidates.
- Graduates in any discipline may apply (including those awaiting their final year results) for the PG Diploma in Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design & Music Production. For Digital Filmmaking, students who have completed Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Junior College may apply. International students may apply complying with the relevant/ equivalent requirements mentioned above. Where applicable, candidates must complete all arrears before joining LVPA.
- Once selected, the student has to pay 1st Semester course fee within 21 days of receiving the admission letter to confirm his/her admission. Semester Fee details will be communicated to the student in the admission letter. There is no Refund for any course registered at LVPA.
- Payment has to be done through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘L.V.Prasad Film & TV Academy’, payable at Chennai or through Bank Transfer. Cash payment will not be accepted.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Graduate of any discipline – Bachelor’s degree
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for success in the selected program or course.
DEPARTMENT OF CINEMATOGRAPHY
- S.Ramesh Kumar – DoP, Worked in “Yaamirukka Bayame” and Ram Gopal Varma’s “Killing Veerappan”
- K.R.Imran Ahmedh – DoP – Tamil feature film “Ammani”, Directing Animation, Corporate AV, TVCs
- Anirban Lahiri – Working as Cinematographer in Mumbai & Teaching Cinematography at Digital Film Academy, Mumbai
- Devdarshi Nayak – Worked as Assistant Cinematographer for 4- 5 years in Mumbai. Currently working as faculty (Cinematography) in KIIT – Bhubaneshwar
- R.Premnath – Worked as Associate Direcor in the Bilingual “Irudhi Suttru / Saala Khadoos”.
- H.Yugaraj – Worked with well known Cinematographers Sunny Joseph, Prem Kumar, Bharani, Shammi as an Associate. Currently finished shooting a Tamil feature film “Oru Modhal, Oru Kadhal” by Kirti Kumar
- Krishnan Vasant – DOP, Worked on Tamil Feature films “Kalyana Samayal Saadham”, “Darling” and “Sarabham”. Expert with 3D Camera Rigs. Worked in Corporate and Ad films.
- Abhyuday Khaitan – Worked with Cinematographer Ranjan Palit. Independently directed a National Award winning short film “The shop that sold everything” which received International Acclaim.
- Ankit Trivedi – Worked with Cinematographers Sunny Joseph, Binod Pradhan & Gargeyi on feature films. Currently working on independent music videos, promos, documentaries etc in Mumbai.
- B.Deepak – Worked as associate with well known DOP’s like Siddharth and Fowziya. Shot an independent feature “Aachariyangal”. Shot the ad series for “Mustafa Gold”, “SD Homes”
- R.Abhinandhan – DoP, Diploma Film “Postman” received National Award for Best Student film. DOP for Malayalam Features “Amen” “Double Barrel”. Shot a couple of Feature Films earlier and worked with Manoj Paramhansa & Bejoy Nambiar on MTV Promos.
- Sivaram Kumar.V – Assistant Cinematographer with Cinematographer Thiru. Also shooting ads and Corporate Videos
- Tanveer Mohi-ud-din – Diploma Film was at the competitive section at the Camerimage festival in Poland. Assisting Cinematographer P.C.Sreeram.
- Rakesh Ramakrishnan – Associate with eminent Cinematographer Venu
- Arun Gopalan – Worked with Cinematographer C.K Muraleedharan . Currently working on Independent projects shooting Documentaries and Corporate Videos in Pune
- Karm Chawla – DoP, Student Diploma Film “Kal” which was selected for Cannes Film Festival. Worked with eminent Cinematographer Bobby Singh for a couple of years. DoP for the Kannada feature film “Ulidavaru Kandanthe”
- V.S.Rajesh – Worked on a feature film with Cinematographer Sunny Joseph. Currently working with Cinematographer Satya on other feature films
- Sudip Pathak – Shooting TV Programmes in Kolkata. Also teaching Cinematography at Media Institutes, Kolkata
- V.Vignesh – Working with Aravind Krishna on Feature films and on Star TV Series “Dharmayuddham”. Also independently shooting Ads, & Corporate Videos
- Advaitha .G – Diploma Film “Indiyam” won the Fuji Indradhanush competition and screening at Camerimage Film Festival in Poland. Worked with Madhu Ambat on various films. Went to LA for a 3D workshop sponsored by Panasonic. Currently an independent Cinematographer shooting short films, Ads & Corporate Videos
- Lenzyel Antao – Working in Goa as an independent Cinematographer for documentaries & corporate videos. His 3D student film was adjudged the best student film in 3D sponsored by Panasonic
- Santosh Bhoopalan – Worked as assistant Cinematographer with Ayanakh Bose . Currently working as Associate Cinematographer in a Tamil film
- Tamal Kanti Paul – Student film “ Nirgun” won a top award at Dakino Festival Romania. Assistant to Barun Mukherjee, Satya, Shanu Verghese & Binendra Menon.
- Yethi Premchand – Working as Associate Cinematographer with Sehnad Jelal, Pratapan & Jomon in Malayalam Film Industry
- Jemin Jom – DoP, Malayalam features “Yakshi -Faithfully Yours”, “Njaan Samvidhanam Cheyyum” and “32aam Adhyayam 23aam Vaakyam”. Finished shooting a Tamil Feature “Kathai Solla Porom”.
- Sakthivel.M – His film “Nayigal Jaghirdhai” was selected at Camerimage film festival, Poland. Worked with Cinematographer Richard Nathan of “KO” Fame. Currently working with Gopi Amarnath
- Sooraj.S – Assistant Cinematographer with Cinematographer Rajan, worked on two feature films recently.
- Karthik.M – Gold Medalist from Prasad Academy. Won the best cinematography award for his Diploma film “Skylab is Falling” at National Student”s film festival held at FTII 2013. Worked with Santosh Sivan, assisted Preeta on a feature film.
- Aditya Kumar Javvadi – Working on his first independent feature film
- Juhi Sharma – Wedding filming with Kairos films
- Meera Mariam Yesudasan – Assistant to PC Sreeram
- Pavel N.N. – Independently working on corporate films, AD films and documentaries, worked in the feature film ‘Bangalore Naatkal’
- Pradeep Kumar R – DOP for a short film ‘Catalist’
- Shivaram P.K. – Independently working on corporate films, AD films and documentaries
- Abhishek Bhargava – Working as Cinematographer at Sikana
- Siddharth Rajesh Dugha – Working at Gozoop
- Bahul Ramesh – Worked as Cinematographer for “O.P.160/18 Kakshi: Amminippilla”
- Meghana Basavaraju – Working at CNN – News18
- Prabhudutta Mohanty – Working as Cinematographer at PowerDrift
- Sundarram Arjun – Founder at Woolwork Films
- Jai Kamal T – Working as Cinematographer at Mideye Studio.
Like professionals in the field of medicine, engineering and information technology, cinematographers too need formal education and training in a University / Academic Institution for a strong foundation and to scale new heights in their chosen field. LV Prasad Film & TV Academy is one such Center of Excellence that benefits young aspirants.