TWO YEAR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DIRECTION (CHENNAI CAMPUS)
Names like Francis Ford Coppola or Satyajit Ray evoke images of pure magic brought to the screen by these talented directors. Directors transform ideas into screen-reality. A director is at once familiar with all the elements of a production while making sure every creative department works harmoniously toward a common purpose. The director coordinates with a collaborative team of producers, actors, cinematographers, editors, production designers, sound designers, and many other crew members to realize his or her creative vision, from the very beginning to the end.
LVPA’s Film Direction Course emphasizes both theory and hands-on experience. Students gain invaluable experience directing their own films and serving as crew members on other students’ projects. The craft of direction encompasses cinema language, storytelling, staging and blocking for camera and actors, and collaborating with cast and crew on film projects. Direction students are encouraged to cultivate and articulate both voice and vision in their creative work.
Course credits are indicated in parentheses. All courses, exercises and projects are subject to revisions based on ongoing curriculum and program review.
- The Online Entrance Examination for 2021 PG Diploma Courses:
- All applicants will be required to undergo the online examination which will be followed by a personal interview on campus. The dates for the online examination and interview will be communicated in advance to all candidates. Screen Acting students will undergo only Interview and on selection he/she will pay the course fee.
- Graduates in any discipline may apply (including those awaiting their final year results) for the PG Diploma in Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design & Production. For Diploma in Screen Acting and Digital Filmmaking, students who have completed Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Junior College may apply. International students may apply complying with the relevant/ equivalent requirements mentioned above. Where applicable, candidates must complete all arrears before joining LVPA.
- Once selected, the student has to pay 1st Semester course fee within 21 days of receiving the admission letter to confirm his/her admission. 1st Semester Fee will be communicated to the student in the admission letter.
- Payment has to be done through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘L.V.Prasad Film & TV Academy’, payable at Chennai or through Bank Transfer. Cash payment will not be accepted.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Graduate of any discipline – Bachelor’s degree
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for success in the selected program or course.
- R.Sai Gokul Sundar – Director of Tamil feature films “Valeba raja” and “Shivani”
- S.Divyanathan – Associate Director with Director Myskin in the films “Nandalala” and “Yudham Sei” and Director Kiruthiga Udayanidhi in her first feature film “Vanakkam Chennai”
- M.Venkatesan – Directed a documentary on Tamil Actor Gemini Ganesan: “Kadhal Mannan – The King of Romance” which is South India’s First Biography Film. Has his own production house Sai Media Productions. Currently directing a Streoscopic film “Parundhu”
- Swaroop Sreenivas – Assistant Director in “Don” , “White Elephant” (NDTV NFDC Production), “Michael” (Anurag Kashyap Production)
- Anil.K.Jain – Assistant Director for TV serials and AD films in Mumbai
- R.S.Prasanna – Director of Tamil film “Kalyana Samayal Sadham”. Now remaking the same film in Hindi.
- S.Palaniappa Kailasam – Associate Director for “Kadhalil Sodappuvathu Eppadi”and “Maari” with Director Balaji Mohan.
- Nishant – Founder / Creative Director Candlelight Productions
- Jathin Sanker Raj – Assistant Director in Mirchi movies “Kadhal to Kalyanam”, Gemini films “Drohi”, Om Productions “Chunnu Munnu “ and Founder/Creative Director – Technical at Candlelight Production
- Olena Shatokhina– Choreographer & Dance Teacher in Ukraine
- Varun.G.Paniker – Assisted Director Priyadarshan, Directed Short film “Abdu” & Co-directed “Naghangal”
- Sujeeth.Y – Director of Telugu blockbuster feature film “Run Raja Run”
- Ganesh Karthik – Assisted Unni in “Lessons in Forgetting”, Assisted Chakri Toleti in “Billa 2”, Assisted Gokul Krishna on “Aaha Kalyanam” for Yashraj Films
- Parthan Mohan – Directed first Malayalam feature “ONE”, Directed many AD films
- Arjun Das.P.M – Assisted Director Blessy on “Pranayam”. Now assisting Director Sundar Das
- Manjunathan.S – Assisting Director M.Raja in his feature film
- Tegveer Singh – Creative Director RPSB Animation Studios
- Ramya Ananthe.K – Assisted Director Balaji Mohan in “Kaadhalil Sodhappuvathu Eppadi”. Assisted Gokul Krishna on “Aaha Kalyaanam” for Yashraj Films.
- Vinayak Ram – Freelance Assistant Director, Line producer for feature on “Ramanujam”, TV programmes and Documentaries. Also working on documentary film about film director Singeetham Sreenivasan.
- Manuja Tyagi – Assisted Amit Kumar in “Monsoon Shootout”, Assisted Bijoy Nambiar in “David”, Co-Director of “24” for Colors TV
- Ashwath Nair – Narrative Game Designer at Zinga Games, India and Music Video Producer
- Bharat Varma.S.N – Made a short film “Premakosam 10 Nimishaalu” & now assisting Bhavanna on a Tamil feature
- Subbaiah.K.G – Producer Corporate Videos, Assiting Director Priya Beliappa on a Kannada feature “Ring Road Shubha”
- Lokesh – Worked as an Assistant Director in “Viswaroopam II”
- Raghavendran.K.K – Producer at “Puthiya Thalaimurai” TV Channel. Working in Sun Music channel as producer.
- Ramnath – Worked as an Assistant Director in “Utthama Villian”
- Ananya Kasaravalli and Aravind Kuplikar – Assisted Prakash Raj in Trilingual film Kannada Version “Oggarane”
- Xavier Peria and Priyanka Pal – Assisted Prakash Raj in Trilingual film Tamil Version “Un Samayal Arayil”
- Triloknath A – Assisted Prakash Raj in Trilingual film Telugu version “Ulavacharu Biriyani”.
- Manoj Leonel Jahson – Writing & Directing web video series
Yugandhara – Worked as an Assistant Director in “Kalyana Samayal Saadham”. Directing TV Commercials.
- Ajay Arjun K – Independently working on corporate films, AD films and documentaries
- Isha Pungaliya – Won the best emerging Woman Director Award
- Jithin Nambiar – Working on a script
- Nitin Raj – Independently working on corporate films, AD films and documentaries Vishnu Vardhan Rao K – Working on a script
- Koila Konda Rakesh – Co-founder at The Indie Street
- Vivek Vishwanathan – Founder and Director at We V Productions
- Karthik V P – Worked as Assistant Director for Karthik subbaraj’s Mercury
- Naveen Rajh.C.R – Working as Film Director at Hyperspace Pictures Private Limited
- Rohit Rajendra Mokashi – Working as Assistant Director at Eeksaurus
- Athul S Dev – Working as Assistant Director as “Zaher”,“Sakhay”,“Mandaram”
- Gautam Arora – Founder/Director at Woolwork Films
- Nandita Andita Anand – Working as Assistant Director at Eeksaurus
- Amritanshu – Co-Director at Grades Don’t Matter
- S. Anand Suriya – Founder and Director at Halo Over the World Productions
- Devansh Katoch – Working as Assistant Director at Anurag Kashyap Films
- B.Sachin – Working as Assistant Director at “Harmony with A. R. Rahman”, Rangrez Films
- Archit Goel – Working as Assistant Director at Eeksaurus
What the industry needs more than talent is the confidence… be truthful to yourself
You are all graduating from an Academy that comes under the umbrella of the largest post production services providers in Asia… Make the two years count.
I sometimes wish I could have also gone to a film school like all you fortunate ones.