TWO YEAR POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN sound design and Music production (CHENNAI CAMPUS)
Sound designers are responsible for interpreting a director’s ideas, visions and thoughts and creating a soundtrack which complements the onscreen visual storytelling as it unfolds. This is an intricate process that has to be done with skillful consideration and precision. Advances in sound technology have allowed sound to play an equally important role as the visuals in cinematic storytelling. Students in this program are trained in the concept and principles of sound recording and design, as well as practical aspects of recording and mixing, using industry-standard tools for 5.1 and Atmos mixing. Students work with final year students of Direction and Cinematography on diploma films.
In Music Production, Students will understand the Soundtrack Industry. How music and sound design contribute to the story that a film is trying to tell?… Studying Music Theory. Mixing and Editing Music for Visual Media. Composing and Designing Sound for Films. Learning Music and Audio Production, Digital Audio work stations software’s to record Music and sequencing and Programming.
Mr. D Imman
Indian Music Composer
Course credits indicated in parentheses. All courses, exercises and projects are subject to revisions based on ongoing curriculum and program review.
- All applicants will be required to undergo the online examination which will be followed by a personal interview. The dates for the online examination and interview will be communicated in advance to all candidates.
- Graduates in any discipline may apply (including those awaiting their final year results) for the PG Diploma in Direction, Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design & Music Production. For Digital Filmmaking, students who have completed Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Junior College may apply. International students may apply complying with the relevant/ equivalent requirements mentioned above. Where applicable, candidates must complete all arrears before joining LVPCMS.
- Once selected, the student has to pay 1st Semester course fee within 21 days of receiving the admission letter to confirm his/her admission. Semester Fee details will be communicated to the student in the admission letter. There is no Refund for any course registered at LVPCMS.
- Payment has to be done through a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘L V Prasad College of Media Studies’, payable at Chennai or through Bank Transfer. Cash payment will not be accepted.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Graduate of any discipline – Bachelor’s degree
Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for success in the selected program or course.
- Having a Film degree can lead to a variety of career paths after graduation. An internship is a huge step toward landing a good job / career in the future, and this is especially true in the film industry, where experience is the key.
- L V Prasad College of Media Studies shall provide assistance to its students in getting 6 Months internship on completion of the program.
- S.Bhuvanasundar – Worked as a Senior Associate Editor to Sreekar Prasad in “Kadal”, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola”, “David” Ariya Nambi, OK Kanmani
- G.K.Prasanna Venkatesh – Worked as a Senior Associate Editor to Sreekar Prasad in “Kadal”, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola”, “David”
- Santosh Kumar Nanda – Working as a Freelance Music Director for Oriya films & Television in Bhubaneswar
- T.N.Srinivasan – Pursuing studies in Sound Accoustics in Sydney University
- S.Rakesh – Worked as a Freelance Sound Designer for the Malayalam Film “Chattakkari”
- Sathyaraj.N – Editor, worked in Tamil Feature Films “Kalyana Samayal Saadam”, “Shivani”, “Oru Modhal Oru Kaadal”, “Vidiyum Munn” “Vaaleba Raaja”, “Andaavai Kaanom”
- Loaeswaran Mahalingam – Working as an Editor and Heads a Post studio in Malaysia
- Ninad Suresh Khanolkar – Worked as an Associate Editor in Mumbai to Hemal Kothari, Pooja Ladha Surti in Hindi Films “Aatma”, “Ramaiya Vastavaiya”, “Raanjhana”, “2 States”, “Ragini MBBS”, “Agent Vinod”.
- Arvindh Manoharan – Working as an Audio/visual head in Infosys, Bangalore for doing Corporate Film & Documentaries
- Bhuvaneswar Varun.V – Worked as a Sound Designer in Chakri Toleti’s Tamil Film “Billa 2”
- Aalaap Pundalik Majgavkar – Working as an Editor & Sound Designer in Vishal Bharadwaj Productions, Mumbai and contributed for Hindi films: “Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola”, “Ek Thi Fayan”, “Dedh Ishkiyan”
- Akruti Rao Kandikonda – Working as a Freelance Editor in Chennai & Bangalore doing Documentaries & Short Films.
- Ankit Pushkarna – Worked as an Associate Editor to Namrata Rao in the Film “Kahaani”
- Arnav Das – Worked as an Associate Editor to Antara Lahari, Mumbai in the film “Mere Dad Ki Maruti”
- Arunima Saxena – Worked as an Associate Editor to Arif Sheikh, Mumbai
- Karthik Jogesh – Worked as an Associate Editor to Sreekar Prasad in the Films “Kadal”, “David”
- Smrithi.S – Working as an Assistant Editor to Sathyaraj.N in Tamil Feature Films “Kalyana Samayal Saadam”, “Shivani” , “Oru Modhal Oru Kaadal”, “Vidiyum Munn”
- C.R.Anish – Working as Associate Editor to Mahesh Narayanan in Malayalam films “Mumbai Police”, “Sound Thoma”
- Dorai Prakash.S.A – Working as an Assistant Editor to Raja Mohammed, Chennai in Tamil films “Yaasakan”, “Gnanakirukkan” & Malayalam films “Issac Newton – S/O Philippose, “Abhiyum Njaanum”
- George Varghese Modathara – Worked as an Assistant Editor to Amit Kumar, Mumbai in the Hindi film “Monsoon Shootout”
- Shishira.K.V. – Working as a Freelance Director /Actor in Bangalore
- Abhishek Mallappan – Working as an Asst. Editor to Bhuvan Srinivasan
- Sreeram R – Working as an Assistant Editor to Praveen K.L, Srikanth N.B.
- Raghavendra Arasu – Working as an Asst. Editor to Bhuvan Srinivasan
- Gridharan MKP – Working as an Asst. Editor to Satyaraj Natarajan
- Manu Kathiresan – Worked as an Asst. Editor to Karthik Jogesh and now working as an Editor in a Tamil Film
- Dhanush Nayanar – Worked as Sound Effects Editor for superstar Rajanikanth Movie “Kabali”, “Echcharikkai Idhu Manidhargal Nadamaadum Idam”, “Aadhi”, “Pariyerum Perumal”.
- Midhun K.R. – Worked as Film Editor for “Poomaram”, Assistant Editor for “Love 24×7”, “Edavapathy”.
- Ravi Teja Girijala – Worked as Editor for “C/o Kancharapalem”, “Ee Nagaraniki Emaindi”.
- Vivek A – Worked as Sound Designer for “Yudham” with K R Midhun.
- Alisha Gopiraj – Working as Video Editor at Socialize, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Gokul Krishnan. S – Working as Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Axeleron Pvt. Ltd.
- Maria Sunitha Sadashiv – Founder and Director at Boss Girl Films.
- Gokul G – Worked as Assistant Editor for “Maragadha Naanyam”,“Pa Paandi”.
- Sunny Joseph – Assistant Sound Effects editor for “Bogan”.
- Vimal Kiran V.P. – Working as Editor at Radaan Mediaworks (I) Ltd.
- Suprajha S Rajan – Co-Founder at VaraiKadal.
What the industry needs more than talent is the confidence… be truthful to yourself
You are all graduating from an Academy that comes under the umbrella of the largest post production services providers in Asia… Make the two years count.
I sometimes wish I could have also gone to a film school like all you fortunate ones.